Operations Coordinator (IT Technician)
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players, which is a responsibility shared across the company. Blizzard’s Game User Research team is a close-knit group; we care about sharing knowledge, learning about players’ experiences, actionable findings, and succeeding together. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us. If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Join the ranks of a legendary force of adventurers, demons, orcs, and scientists to help provide the context and humanity of "why" and "how" our players engage with our games.
We are looking for a friendly, detail-oriented Operations Coordinator with a passion for ensuring the smooth technical execution of our work. The Operations Coordinator will work side-by-side with our world class research team and will be responsible for the technical setup and running of tools, game build delivery and setup, and overseeing the technical aspects of research studies from beginning to end. Additionally, as Operations Coordinator, you will have an opportunity to drive initiatives to improve our technical setup and processes, while also developing broad administrative and business operational skills. Initially, this role will support the research teams efforts in conducting remote studies, as well as on-site once the company is back working from our Irvine, CA office location.
This is a temporary contract position (35-40 hrs/wk), reporting directly to a Senior Manager of User Research.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Oversee the installation and technical setup of software (including game builds) and manage lab research stations required for the execution of research studies
- Coordinate with User Research staff on logistics, scheduling, installation, hardware and software requirements, and technical needs of research projects
- Manage equipment, software, and licensing ensuring functionality for the User Research department
- Evaluate new hardware and software solutions (e.g. accessibility hardware) required for department growth
- Proactively work with research staff to plan for and anticipate future technical needs
- Provide day-of technical research support in the form of troubleshooting and streaming of studies
- Provide guidance and documentation for research staff on the correct operation of new hardware and software
- [WHEN BACK IN OFFICE] Oversee research lab operation during on-site studies, prior to, during, and after studies
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures related to conducting user research at Blizzard
- 1 to 2 years in a Corporate IT environment
- Understanding of system administration principles (Monitoring, Network, Storage, Scripting)
- Excellent organizational skills while working independently
- Strong interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
- Adaptable and quick learner that enjoys tackling a large variety of technical problems while being dependable
- Clear attention to detail for procedural tasks
- Extensive PC hardware experience (ability to build, diagnose, and repair computers; strong troubleshooting skills)
- Advanced knowledge of installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting current versions of Windows, Android, and iOS
- Knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting Apple iPhone/iPad and Android OS phone devices
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Remote system solutions (Global connect, VMware Horizon, Parsec)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of scripting languages (MS PowerShell, Python)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience with Stream solutions (OBS, XSplit, MS Stream)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence administering a plus
- Familiarity with Blizzard’s game titles; passion for gaming a plus
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!