Motion Graphics Artist, Blizzard Video - Temp
Blizzard Video is the internal creative video production arm of the Story & Franchise Development team. We exist to engage, inform and activate the global Blizzard community through the creation of epic video content, and we’re looking for a talented Motion Graphics Artist to join our team. The ideal candidate must be an exceptional graphic designer with a strong portfolio that includes original designs that demonstrate an understanding of fundamental graphic design concepts, with a chief focus on title design across a wide range of styles. Their reel should reflect a mastery of these core skills, and showcase a deep knowledge of animation principles, lighting, timing, and composition.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
The candidate will be responsible for using existing art assets and/or creating original art assets to develop and design cohesive, industry-leading graphics packages, inspired motion effects, stunning animations, fluid transition effects, and animated lower-thirds and logo bumpers.
The ideal candidate will be a master communicator with outstanding written, verbal and linguistic communications skills. They should also be extremely attentive and detail-oriented with regards to time management, organizing and optimizing comps to streamline render times, and will be expected to quickly adapt to new software and workflows as novel projects arise.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Enjoy handling multiple projects with tight deadlines while maintaining a level head, positive attitude and a focused resolve to help the team stay on target? If this sounds like your jam, we look forward to hearing from you.
- 5+ years of professional motion graphics experience in a film, animation, television, or videogame environment
- Mastery of Adobe After Effects and Photoshop, with a working knowledge of Illustrator
- Ability to draw rough storyboards/compositions and/or create style frames and mood boards to support pitch concepts
- Knowledge of current industry-standard post-production workflows and organization
- Ability to work closely with directors, producers, editors and other team members under tight deadlines with quick project turnover
- High self-motivation with excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude
- Must be a proactive self-starter with ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Familiarity with localization/versioning processes and associated workflows
- Experience with basic compositing techniques (keying, rotoscoping, camera tracking, color correction).
- Knowledge of and passion for Blizzard’s game worlds and the stories told within them
- Proficiency in Cinema 4D (double plus for a working knowledge of RedShift)
- Experience with Color Correction software packages and color standards
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Demo Reel / Portfolio Website
- Reel breakdown
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.