(Closed) Manager, Global Digital Marketing - Overwatch / Overwatch 2
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced and passionate digital marketer to join our Consumer Marketing team. As a Global Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for being the voice of Overwatch across digital platforms, driving best-in-class content across all touchpoints.
Blizzard has been a leader in entertainment for nearly 30 years, with millions of passionate fans globally. Overwatch continues to excite fans around the world and welcome new players. Overwatch 2 is in development, and the future is bright for the franchise-- The team could always use another hero!
The Digital Marketing Manager should be highly organized, a creative thinker, knowledgeable and excited by gaming, technology and social media. This position will require thought leadership inside the organization as it relates to our marketing strategies and plans to continue to build the Overwatch brand. The ideal candidate will be an expert in digital marketing, possess deep understanding of the gaming and entertainment space, and able to push the envelope with innovative and fresh ideas.
This individual will partner with the talented teams from Commercial Marketing, Growth Marketing, Development, Consumer Marketing, Creative Services and other stakeholders to shape and build word-class digital marketing campaigns.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage cutting-edge digital marketing strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams to build and execute campaigns and strike plans that cover all digital platforms (web, social, video, etc.)
- Work with the Blizzard partnerships team to pitch and deliver content for co-branded campaigns
- Manage production teams to deliver content custom tailored for social media platforms and our community
- Drive social media strategy, development and execution for Overwatch across various social platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, etc.
- Set processes with international teams to deliver creative assets, assure alignment, and collaborate on global projects
- Continuously optimize our digital channels through continued learning and knowledge of “best practices” - IP learnings, paid media KPIs, competitive efforts, brand partner input (ex. Google, YouTube, Twitch, 1st party), etc.
- Analyze and report on content performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation across the Blizzard teams; familiarity with Sprinklr and Google Analytics are a plus
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the Overwatch franchise across multiple channels
- Actively contribute to social media risk and crisis management
- Represent the voice of our players in internal conversations
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of client-side social / digital marketing experience
- Impeccable communication skills
- Proficiency in leading or working alongside Paid Media campaigns
- Passion for gaming, a love for the Blizzard and Overwatch brands and a strong knowledge of gaming audience segments
- Experience in marketing leading brands with a track record of innovative and best-in-class marketing campaigns
- Experience collaborating within a large organization, driving creative work with multiple departments
- Appetite for all things digital and social – developing innovative campaigns leveraging the newest tech across platforms - and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement
- Experience managing external agency partners on campaign strategy and execution
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, related field or equivalent work experience