Lead Software Engineer, Engine - World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment’s Engineering Guild is looking to recruit a highly skilled engineer to help lead World of Warcraft’s engine team with a focus on our art tools integration. You will work closely with another Engine Lead, engineers, artists and designers to help improve our graphics, art pipelines, and core technology. If you’ve got a natural passion for game development and love to use your skills to help drive and shape systems, answer this call to action and apply today. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment to complement our excellent loot tables and full range of benefits.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Evolve and enhance WoW technology pipelines
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies and systems
- Work with the technical director and producers to create tasks and schedules
- Evaluate and mentor engineers on the team
- Balance time between managing and contributing through programming
- Manage a healthy relationship with non-engineering teams and external partners
- Understand workflows of artists and collaborate on improvements
- Serve as a partner in the team's leadership
- Promote and contribute to a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Fluency in C++
- Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential
- Experience developing art and graphics tools for non-engineers
- Computer science or related degree
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience working on a MMO
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!