Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), B&OP, Ecommerce
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost effective software development tools which will be used to enhance game development? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day.
The E-Commerce team develops the software, services and infrastructure that helps millions of players process transactions worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Whether it’s setting up your World of Warcraft subscription or buying a mount, or purchasing a Hearthstone pack in game or on our web shop, the E-Commerce team powers the experience!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Manage a small team of engineers and own code quality of team deliverables
- Collaborate with
- teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Identify, design, and deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing cost of test execution
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners and influence software quality
- Share insights, solutions and best practices within the team and across Blizzard
- Passion for Quality Assurance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, SDET, developer or similar role with focus on quality
- 4+ years software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Fluency in Java, Junit, and TestNG
- Experience in team management and development of engineering talent
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses and/or QA focused tools
- Automation experience with APIs and Websites
- Performance and stress testing with Jmeter
- Experience with CICD pipeline solutions
- Experience working with large Java code base
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions
- Ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large data sets
- Passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!