Lead Producer - Hearthstone
Pull up a chair and join us!
The Hearthstone team is looking for a best-in-class Lead Producer to join our ranks! We have a tavern full of fun in the works, and we need your help to stay focused, organized, and to improve our pipelines! The ideal candidate is self-directed and has a strong understanding of the development process, excellent communication skills, and a track record of consistently delivering. You will be expected to own and produce a section of the team and evolve how we work while releasing on time with high quality. If that sounds like fun to you, and you love Hearthstone, we should talk!
- Drive delivery of Hearthstone by leading development and coordinating work across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Help the team identify and design sustainable solutions that maximize value for our players and improve team efficiency.
- Maintain a high-level lens across multiple teams to ensure consistency and establish best practices to ensure quality results.
- Collaborate with leadership, stakeholders, and partner teams to translate goals into development plans and validate that our schedule aligns with all dependencies.
- Proactively identify gaps and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals in a timely manner.
- Build, maintain and evolve a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, set an example of positivity and foster a culture of success.
- Coach and guide the production team toward defining and achieving their career goals.
- Develop and drive long term strategies and improvements for the wider Hearthstone team
- Contribute to the culture and discipline of Production at Blizzard
- Help maintain the fun and whimsical team vibe
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – comfortable with ambiguity but driven to create structure and order
- Strong understanding of the development lifecycle
- Experience building high functioning teams
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills, both for your own work and for the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Easy to work with for all disciplines and levels, from associate-level individual contributors up to the team’s directors
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and lead multiple complex projects with various groups inside and outside of the team
- At least 10 years of experience as a producer on shipped products
- Good judgment, good understanding of Blizzard and our team’s core values
- Able to give good feedback both on the direction of your team and on the game as a whole
- Actively plays Hearthstone
- JIRA and Confluence expertise
- Experience operating in games as a service
- Experience working with multiple different disciplines: Art, Sound, Engineering, Design