Lead Game Producer, Technology - Unannounced Project
Who’s up for an adventure?
Our small yet ambitious team is looking for a lead producer to join our crew. Do you like exploring new ideas? Leveling up your skills? Being a great teammate? Then read on!
Here at Blizzard, we pride ourselves on having the passion, drive and creativity to forge amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need smart, collaborative people with exceptional talents. We are looking for a talented and experienced producer to join our team working on a brand-new project. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate is self-directed, comfortable diving into the fire headfirst, and has experience leading cross-disciplinary teams. You will be expected to own production across the team and evolve the nascent processes that exist today into something that can support full production through ship and beyond.
Lastly, a collaborative mindset with great communication skills are qualities we look for in a teammate who can help create a united vision for a project that can capture the fun and immersive standard that we hope to achieve with every Blizzard experience!
If you have the drive and talent to rock this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Coordinate our infrastructure engineering: work with engineers to understand the foundational layers and tech stack we want to build on top of, and be an appropriate conduit to bubble up information and key decisions to leadership.
- Work with designers, artists, and engineers to build player-facing features end-to-end.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams to ensure that our schedule aligns with upstream dependencies.
- Own the development and communication of day-to-day tasking and scheduling for most of our developers.
- Proactively identify gaps and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals in a timely manner.
- Stay on top of many small things for the team and constantly look for ways to improve and refine—manage our JIRA, maintain Confluence, onboard new team members, and keep our team calendar up-to-date.
- Have fun making something awesome with a great team!
- Relentlessly self-organized.
- Easy to work with for all disciplines and levels, from associate-level individual contributors up to the team’s directors.
- You’ve been a producer on a shipped product for at least 3 years.
- You’ve worked on a game or a user-facing application.
- Can self-prioritize/know how to make yourself useful in a sea of ambiguity.
- Good judgment, good understanding of Blizzard and our team’s core values.
- Can be on-call for live ops when the time comes.
- You’ve worked on Battle.net or another system where you can showcase deep technical understanding, or you have a degree in computer science.
- Live ops experience.
- JIRA and Confluence expertise.
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values.
- A love of RPG games (tabletop or computer).