Lead Game Producer, Content - Overwatch 2
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…producers? The Overwatch team is looking for a new hero to team up as a Lead Game Producer!
Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum visibility and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Are you the hero that has what it takes to coordinate the overall content development process in collaboration with Design, Art, Audio and QA to deliver features players love? If you’re passionate about what you do and how you do it, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Own and communicate long term strategies and roadmaps for content development teams
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communications, organization, and accountability across all departments
- Champion ongoing pipeline improvements and prioritization of the most impactful initiatives and deliveries
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams within Blizzard to ensure that our schedule aligns with all dependencies
- Proactively identify gaps, blockers and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals in a timely manner
- Work with development leads to determine time and people necessary to see projects through to completion
- Provide progress updates to senior leadership
- Partner with production leadership to develop and maintain best practices for production related tools & process
- Lead and mentor a team of producers
- Empower, motivate, and support to your team to ensure project success
- Advocate for the players, the team, and the game
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working on a game team with at least one AAA title shipped in a lead producer role
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing insight and influence into how to deliver more effectively
- Knowledge of software development and project management, including agile frameworks
- Strong prioritization skills, both for your own work and for the team
- Persistent self-motivation, self-organization, optimism, and initiative
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity
- Collaborative problem solver
- Easy to work with for all disciplines and levels, from associate-level individual contributors up to the team’s directors
- Good judgment and understanding of Blizzard and our team’s core values
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Expertise with Jira, Confluence, or comparable applications
- Have worked with multiple different disciplines: Art, Sound, Engineering, Design
- Experience with online games and/or FPS games