(Closed) Lead Event Designer, Diablo 4
The Minions of Hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically talented developers is expanding. While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
We are looking for a talented designer to develop and drive the vision of the Event Design team. The team focuses on the replayable and systemic content found throughout the Open World in Diablo IV, enriching the elder-game content and the shared world of sanctuary. Features include Local Events, Bounties, and more. The ideal candidate will be able to lead a team to collaborate within design, art, and engineering groups to efficiently implement open world focused content.
- Support, empower and mentor designers on your team
- Develop and evangelize the shared world features of Diablo IV
- Manage development priorities and communicate to stakeholders across the team
- Work with Encounter Design and Dungeon Design to build shared standards regarding
- Coordinate with Systems Design to integrate reward systems with authored content
- Coordinate with other disciplines to develop technical guidelines
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in game design, including senior design experience on a shipped product
- Experience mentoring and growing new designers
- Experience playing or working on Action RPGs (not limited to Diablo)
- Experience playing or working on Open World or Online Multiplayer RPG content
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep understanding of what it takes to make fun, varied and compelling replayable content
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience creating content for games using an isometric perspective
- Experience with creating content for multiplayer online RPG games
- Authoring game content using the Lua scripting language
- Experience in Pipeline development and Process improvement
- Passion for Blizzard games, especially the Diablo series
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, including
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with Open World games
- Your experience with Diablo or other Action-RPGs
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!