(Closed) Lead Content Designer, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate lead content designer to design and implement content for an unannounced AAA multiplayer project. In this role, you will create a cohesive vision for spawning, encounters, world events, and environmental storytelling, and will work with a cross-discipline team to bring that vision to life.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience designing and scripting open world or emergent gameplay content for modern AAA multiplayer titles.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Analyze, pitch, prototype, and develop content for an unannounced AAA multiplayer project.
- Spawn and script creatures to create convincing ambient behavior and interesting combat encounters.
- Bring together content systems, level design, and IP development to tell compelling ambient stories.
- Create one-page designs, content briefs, system outlines, and whatever other communication tools are necessary for succinctly and effectively communicating vision.
- Act as the bridge between deep satisfying game mechanics and compelling fantasy & world.
- Leverage technical expertise to implement systems in proprietary tools.
- Lead playtest sessions, building a safe and productive environment for constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines, ensuring partners are involved and informed throughout development.
- Provide regular active feedback across all of your features, and across the game as a whole.
- Act as a champion of consistent and intuitive mechanics.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design techniques, and trending audio-visual excellence.
- 6+ years of experience shipping AAA multiplayer titles in content or systems design roles.
- Multiple shipped titles in a senior role with a history of successful features.
- Proven experience leading content design teams and features
- Ability to communicate design vision and to align vision within the team.
- Experience with versatile game development tools such as Unity, Unreal, or similar proprietary tools.
- Extensive player experience with games, including action, open world, and online titles.
- Extraordinary self-motivation and initiative, and a positive attitude in the face of challenges.
- Deep understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends.
- Familiarity with scripting languages.
- A friendly demeanor that brings people together.
Resume which must include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work.
- Cover Letter which must include: (Recommended)
- Why you are interested in joining Blizzard Entertainment
- What games you are currently playing.
- What games have you put the most time into.
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.