(Closed) Junior UX Designer, Tespa (Temp)
This is a paid, part-time remote contracting position with an expected 10-15 hours per week via third party agency.
Tespa is the world’s largest provider of college esports tournaments and campus support programs. We believe in a world where gaming is celebrated by people of all ages, recognized as a force for good, and a catalyst for bringing people together. We’re looking for a Junior UX Designer to support our collegiate programs. Our goal is to provide a world-class entertainment experience for Tespa members, while encouraging students to study and play responsibly. Our ideal candidate is motivated, flexible, and video game-savvy. They embrace design thinking and are passionate about the opportunity to learn & grow with a fun and highly motivated team. Experience playing in competitive events, being a proven collegiate leader on your campus, and event organizational experience are pluses for the position.
- Help define end-to-end user experience in collaboration with the team and other stakeholders as relevant
- Understand the behavior and motivations of our users through the review of Google Analytics data, competitive analysis, and other research methods.
- Create design solutions including wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, and mockups.
- Validate and iterate on your design solutions through feedback sessions, live testing, etc.
- Adapt product experiences to different audiences based on their needs and the devices they use (feature personalization, responsive design, accessibility, etc.).
- Contribute to the creation, organization and distribution of project style guides, pattern libraries, and asset repositories.
- Seek input and feedback from teammates and stakeholders across the organization to help define design solutions and present these solutions to the team.
- Participate in communication with product owners, engineers, and greater team to maintain strong project and team alignment.
- Help drive design projects through research, execution, implementation, and launch
- Currently pursuing a degree in design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- Passion for web and mobile technology, gaming, and for creating great user-centered experiences
- Strong visual design, typography, layout, and composition skills, and understanding of the esports visual style
- Experience designing for mobile devices / responsive design
- Experience creating wireframes, flows, and prototypes (using either Visio, Balsamiq, Axure, Omnigraffle, Adobe Suite, HTML, etc.)
- Self-motivation and initiative; impeccable time management and organization
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Approximately 10-15 hours of time per week
- Access to a computer with consistent internet connection
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data through competitive analysis, surveys, interviews, etc.
- Experience working on multidisciplinary project teams under Agile methodology
- Previous member of a Tespa Chapter
- Experience running and/or playing in competitive events
- Strong understanding of Tespa-supported games
- Cover Letter
- Please provide us with a URL or PDF file
- Your portfolio should showcase project mockups, wireframes, case studies, etc.