Interpreter, Chinese/English - Diablo Immortal
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Interpreter to support the development of Diablo Immortal. This person will be responsible for real time verbal and written translations. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced individual with a professional linguistic background, experience in culturalization of software products, and knowledge of the gaming and entertainment industry. Excellent language skills in and English are required for this position.
- Facilitate the communication between the Blizzard development team and development partners in China.
- Perform verbal translation during meetings at a high-quality level.
- Translate design, technical and production documentation.
- Perform project management related work and report key risks to development leadership both at Blizzard and our partners in China.
- Collaborate with the Design, Commercial and Production teams to optimize their communication strategy with the development partners in China.
- Work with the Production team on process improvement initiatives.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional Interpreter experience.
- Excellent Chinese and English linguistic and communication skills.
- Able to communicate complex ideas across the language barrier.
- Strong knowledge of business culture in US/China and how that impacts communication.
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment with proactive and positive attitude.
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural team with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional note-taker and demonstrates ability to organize and track communications.
- Eagerness to accept and proactively drive process improvement efforts.
- Experience in game localization or game quality assurance.
- Experience working as a translator in the entertainment industry.
- Passion for video games, heroic fantasy, sci-fi worlds, and pop culture.
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games.
- Higher education in a linguistics-related discipline.
Required Application Materials