Global PMO Manager, Cloud and Infrastructure Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
Blizzard is seeking a high performing Manager to join the Global IT PMO, Infrastructure and Cloud Engineering. You will be leading a team of program managers in addition to managing a wide-ranging portfolio of projects encompassing numerous IT program areas across ABK. The ideal candidate is a highly organized leader skilled in managing teams, has excellent communication skills, and has a solid understanding/experience working with Cloud and Infrastructure technologies. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you.
The primary function of this role is to ensure the successful execution of projects within the ABK IT portfolio while providing management and mentorship to the PM team. In addition, the Global PMO Manager will also be expected to directly manage large and complex technical IT projects across the enterprise while consistently raising PM standards. Familiarity with IT technology, game services infrastructure, and technical project management methodologies are requirements for being successful in this role.
As a Global PMO Manager, you will demonstrate the following skills consistently at a high level:
- Produce effective results: Ensure IT portfolio, project goals, objectives and organizational milestones are achieved on schedule
- Build and maintain effective relationships with resources, stakeholders, colleagues and leaders. Accountable for committing to accurately delivering against stakeholder needs
- Communicate effectively and clearly with stakeholders of all levels by tailoring your message to the audience
- Requirements gathering: Continuously work with leadership and customers to collect comprehensive requirements and work with technical teams to translate them into the necessary workstreams
- Set a positive example daily by providing guidance, thinking globally, bringing people together and actively mentoring other members of the team
- Build and execute plans to develop talent in the organization
- Partner engagement: Understand when to engage, who to engage and the appropriate method depending on the situation
- Influence: Leverage relationships and other soft skills to influence without authority
- Drives for full inclusion of every team member
- Perform performance appraisals, mid-year calibrations, timesheet management, compensation planning and act as the advocate for implementing company directives
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the IT organization and spearheading the execution
- A minimum of 3 years direct management or equivalent experience driving technical teams
- A minimum of 8 years managing technology projects
- Understanding of large-scale infrastructure projects, terminology, and technologies
- Able to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to break down and drive highly complex technical projects into clear and achievable milestones
- Extraordinary inter-personal skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Passion for learning and managing new technologies
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Strong Leadership
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Experience with the Atlassian product suite
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected] General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
COVID-19 Hiring Update
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.