Global Content Localization QA Lead
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Localization QA Lead to join our Localization Team. This lead will drive effective and efficient test life cycle activities for all Blizzard game franchises. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with outstanding communication and relationship building skills, demonstrated aptitude for test project management, a strong passion for high-quality games and products, and experience in dealing with multiple teams and cultures in changing environments.
The successful candidate will actively collaborate with partner teams in Localization, with our global suppliers and with game, creative and publishing teams in the United States. A key responsibility of this role is ensuring that Blizzard standards are upheld for all languages worldwide. Our Localization Team’s mission is ‘It Feels Blizzard in Every Language’, and the LQA Lead is a key player in fulfilling this mission. If you have a passion for delivering high-quality, localized entertainment experiences to millions of players globally, this job may be for you.
- Plan and coordinate test activities for Localization QA for internal and external teams globally.
- Drive test strategy and vision for Blizzard games and products in all localized languages.
- Partner with strategic suppliers to deliver high-quality results and continuous process improvement.
- Monitor test activities, propose corrective measures and report on progress to stakeholders.
- Design, maintain and distribute documentation for standardized testing.
- Support regional test partners by removing obstacles and providing information necessary for testing.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with all test stakeholders.
- Implement lessons learned through test closure and other activities.
- Use data analytics to make business decisions and improve efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- A strong passion for quality.
- Excellent understanding of testing principles and techniques with a proven track record of successful test project management in the software industry.
- Experienced in working with website localization and testing.
- 5 years of experience in the Localization QA discipline leading AAA titles.
- Strong understanding of the localization industry.
- Strong relationship building skills and an ability to influence stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving approach, supported by data analysis.
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Passionate about testing and games.
- Knowledge of Audio-Visual data and Asset management.
- Experienced in Machine Translation and Post-Edit.
- Good understanding of Data Visualization and software, i.e. Power BI, Tableau.
- Degree in a related field, i.e. computer science, software engineering, quality assurance, localization.
- Certifications in testing or project management, i.e. PMP, ISTQB…
- Experience driving risk-based testing.
- Excellent knowledge of Blizzard products and services.
- Skills in one or more of the languages supported by Blizzard games.