Game Designer, Battlegrounds Design - Hearthstone
Greetings! The Hearthstone team is looking for a talented Game Designer to join our Battlegrounds Design team. As a Game Designer, you’ll be responsible for creating the exciting themes and mechanics that go into our updates. In this role, your game design experience, critical thinking skills, and player-first mindset will be essential. Our ideal candidate will have extensive Battlegrounds knowledge, outstanding people skills, and a longstanding passion for playing video games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Create engaging mechanics for Hearthstone’s future Battlegrounds updates
- Craft unique flavor and theme for Battlegrounds updates and individual cards
- Collaboratively iterate based on feedback, testing, and intuition
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to deliver players highly polished content
- A feel for fun and the ability to effectively communicate the player experience
- Previous experience designing games as personal, academic, or professional projects
- Experience implementing game content using a programming or scripting language
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- 1-2 years of Game Design experience in a professional capacity
- Experience playing Hearthstone at an expert level
- Experience with Unity and C#
- Creative writing experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Design one new Battlegrounds Hero/Hero Power and describe why it would be a good addition to the game
Include your favorite Battlegrounds Hero/Hero Power and describe why it is your favorite
Please include any examples of any game projects you’ve worked on, either independently or professionally
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.