(Closed) Director of Production Finance, Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Director of Production Finance to join its Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues Finance team. You will craft production finance procedures, polices, and staff to maintain budgets in many facets of Esports Broadcast and Events departments, including the Overwatch League, Call of Duty League, and Blizzcon. The candidate will provide financial oversight throughout the life-cycle of production, from development through post production. In this role, you must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of complex multinational live event and/or broadcast production. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with a variety of live event and/or broadcast production, managing production activities, and management of line producer/accounting teams in the field. The right candidate will have a full knowledge of production and broadcast workflows, technology sourcing, real-time expense tracking, and be an adaptable creative thinker.
You should have experience in guiding several teams and working with multiple stakeholders at the same time, be comfortable working under tight deadlines, and have excellent organizational and time management skills. You will create connections and work with several departments across Blizzard.
- Financial oversight and management of the budgeting, reporting, forecasting, sourcing, and performance tracking activities
- Establish the overall production finance department's policies, procedures, and standard methodologies
- Manages the production funding processes on all broadcast/event projects from end to end
- Partner with the Sr. Producers, Producers, Program Managers and/or Directors to create proven scenarios and schedules that accomplish creative and budgetary goals
- Drive monthly cost report meetings with Production Accounting and Director of Production for responsible shows/projects across Activision Blizzard Esports
- Analyze and review actuals vs. budgets and estimate and research variances; identify risks and opportunities, ensure that all data is properly loaded into financial systems
- Craft Esports Production Finance to meet the requirements of Blizzard Broadcast and live events while adhering to Activision Blizzard Finance standards
- Manage the complexity of Production Finance while streamlining internal processes
- Build and maintain an effective relationship with partners in Broadcast and Finance while being aware of their individual needs
- 10+ years’ experience in finance/accounting, preferably within the media/entertainment landscape. Of that, 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Working knowledge/experience with production accounting software and corporate budgeting tools
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling and budgeting standard methodologies and tools
- Understanding of all the technical, physical, and processing involved in broadcast and live event production
- Ability to plan for all eventualities and keep a cool demeanor while taking care of problems that arise
- Collaborate with crew, team members, and executives in a friendly professional manner
- Work with many business partners and meet requirements for each shared project
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritizations skills in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Adaptable to changing business needs and expanded project requirements
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a motivating influence with all assigned projects and teams
- Exceptional social skills. Able to relate to team members and build professional relationships
- Conduct post-mortems and craft recommendations reports based on detailed project analysis
- Knowledge of Media Services production software and budget tool (MediaWeb & Showbiz)
- Knowledge of Oracle R12 and Hyperion Essbase
- Knowledge of Union standards for DGA, SAG, AFTRA, NABET, IATSE…etc.
- A passion of gaming and gaming culture
- Prior production accounting and/or production finance experience with knowledge of the entertainment industry, especially TV production
Required application materials
- Resume (PDF is preferred)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences