Digital Media Activation Specialist
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience.
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users’ experience.
Reporting into the Manager, Global Media Activation - this valuable new team member will be skilled in the world of digital ads and has a strong background in paid media campaign execution. This role will be asked to work closely within the Global Growth Marketing teams to execute campaigns for all Blizzard IP around various game content releases and ongoing customer acquisition.
Prospects will be highly skilled with campaign management and have a familiarity with both core and emerging social advertising platforms. This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to make a measurable impact on the online operations of one of the largest gaming companies in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Media Buying – 60%
- Collaborate with strategy and operations teams to determine potential media partners for assigned Activision Blizzard campaigns
- Own RFP process, working with vendors to assure timely receipt and accuracy of proposals
- Lead internal reviews of media proposals to compile feedback and notes for vendors
- Continue to work with vendors throughout activation phase of campaign, including
- Performing necessary ad operations duties (specs, pixeling, trafficking, etc)
- Following internal QA processes, including generating screenshots, live links and placement information
- Working cross-functionally with internal teams and agency partners to establish and maintain content calendars, assets, and creative for all direct campaigns
- Monitoring campaign pacing and performance
- Taking ownership of financial tracking, helping ensure proper billing and payment
Partnerships – 30%
- Maintain strong partnerships with internal teams and international counterparts
- Collaborate with key media vendors on behalf of Activision Blizzard
- Participate in larger team projects on the future of media buying and activation
Learning & Development – 10%
Monitor trends in performance and brand media; keep tabs on emerging platforms and advertising units
- Minimum of 1-3+ years of paid media experience campaigns
- Experience in strategic planning and proven cases of bringing plans to execution
- Proven track record in operating with a high-level of energy, commitment, and enthusiasm to take on a challenging role with cross-functional commitments
- Budgetary experience including the ability to track expenses against commitments
- Expert at Excel; proficiency with other MS Office products
- General understanding of deploying and interpreting results from A/B, split tests, and brand lift studies
- Experience with Ad Serving technology like GCM, Flashtalking, etc. a plus
- Flexible work hours, weekend and evening work will be required from time to time
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to translate objectives into actionable plans
- Good communication, presentation, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to research, and understand the customer's perspective and the competitive market
- Ability to handle multiple projects, requests and priorities at the same time
- Public speaking, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, including the ability to break down complex data scenarios into digestible components
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and mathematical skills
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.