Department Producer, Cinematics
The Department Producer is responsible for the management of processes, procedures, and deliverables for their given department(s). The Department Producer, in conjunction with the Artistic Supervisor(s) will manage the health, efficiencies, career growth and day to day functions within their department. They will also establish best practices, workflows and communication channels to ensure that shots and assets are moving fluidly through the entire pipeline. They will partner with Project Producers to establish resources, headcount and transparency regarding scheduling and planning for their teams and projects.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Partner with the Artistic Supervisor(s) to bid, create and manage macro and micro department schedules including pre-production.
- To ensure upstream and downstream departments are receiving deliverables on time. If not, raise red flags in advance to work out optimal solutions with stakeholders.
- Responsible for forecasting headcount for your department and working with show producers and management towards solutions on overages and deficits.
- Ensure the production database is up-to-date and accurate
- Actively create and execute action plans for the department's future success, including R&D tasks, training programs, purchasing and department organizational structure.
- Energize team morale and organize department activities to ensure the health of assigned department(s).
- Work with the Artistic Supervisor(s) and senior staff on hiring decisions that helps achieve both the short term and long-range goals of the team.
- In conjunction with the Artistic Supervisor(s), prepare and deliver employee evaluations and timely feedback.
- Oversee timesheets including bi-weekly approvals, overtime, and vacation requests and maintain artist time logs using overseer.
- Proven ability to create, track and maintain complex schedules
- Can drive projects to completion in a timely manner, despite no direct authority and multiple departmental dependencies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate timelines and workload against departmental resources and show budgets
- Understands show/project priority and makes informed decisions regarding department focus and attention
- Self-motivated problem solver that strives to maintain and nurture healthy relationships across their team as well as with outside groups and departments
- Experience managing artists and understands how to best grow and evolve individuals regarding career path, employee support and training
- 5 Years Coordinating in Animation or Visual Effects
- Experience using Shotgun and Microsoft Office Suite
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.