Data Analyst, Hearthstone Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Data Analyst, Hearthstone Analytics to drive strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence for Hearthstone.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Construct the vision for product-wide analysis from beginning to end. Address high level strategic questions through a holistic planning including clarifying on the question, developing hypotheses, building analytic structure to address the hypotheses.
- Write effective queries that return results accurately, maximize database efficiency, and are ready to scale for the future. Develop telemetry messaging for multiple features with scalability in mind.
- Collaborate with Game Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and co-developer partners to deliver business impact, effectively communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences and translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Design, execute and analyze AB tests efficiently and effectively, collaborating with multi-function teams to maximize the impact and learning of the tests.
- Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions.
- Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization with appropriate visualizations.
- Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- 2+ years of work experience in Gaming, Management Consulting, Data Analytics, Data Science, or Product Management roles
- Experience communicating and advocating with analytical insights to executive-level audiences to inform decision making
- Familiarity with AB Testing/personalization process including test design, execution, analysis and develop actionable recommendation
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: data modeling, data visualization, statistics, experimental design, predictive modeling
- Experience guiding and managing others to solve broad, impactful analytical problems
- Proficient in SQL; Adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau; R or Python knowledge is a plus
- Masters, MBA, or PhD preferred
- Cover Letter preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!