(Closed) Coordinator, Competition Operations (Call of Duty)
In 2020, the official global esports league of Call of Duty will expand to a new franchised-team format, featuring the best players from around the world. Nine teams have been announced to date in Atlanta, Dallas, Florida, two teams in Los Angeles, Minnesota, New York, Paris, and Toronto, bringing more competitive events to fans in cities around the globe in a home and away gameplay format. Additional information related to the evolution of Call of Duty esports is forthcoming and we’re looking to add to our team to help achieve success for launch.
Coordinators will manage online competitions and any escalations. They will coordinate with teams and league office to manage roster submissions, trades and retirements. Coordinators will manage rankings throughout the season and administer cutoffs, finalizing competition qualification and schedules.
This position is based in our Santa Monica office, with potential for travel during the competitive season.
- Assist in the operations of Call of Duty esports competitions, including professions league play, amateur circuits, and various other exhibition competitions
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of rules and regulations for all programs
- Escalate critical decisions to teammates within the Competition Operations department
- Compile tournament and program status reports for various cross-functional stakeholders
- Administrate path to pro ranking systems and ensure players are being properly ranked within the systems
- Manage official team rosters and enforce roster lock periods across all competition program
- Assist in prizing and travel accommodations needs as it relates to competitions
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Business, related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in an administrative or coordinator role
- Strong understanding of esports competitions, formats and rules, especially FPS
- Passion for esports and gaming, especially the Call of Duty community
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience booking and organizing travel and accommodations
- Experience with talent management
- Professional experience in gaming, esports, sports or entertainment
- Experience in project management
- Cover letter