Content Writer Internship
Content Writer Intern, Battle.net and Online Products
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2021. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Scribes, raise your quills. We’re searching for a capable writer to create promotional copy, guides, and other content for our game site webpages, apps and more. If you’re the one we seek, then you’re a passionate game fan and lightning-fast prose-slinger with a serious digital focus. You’re deliberate, paying as much attention to the caption on a screenshot as you do to the text of expansive feature pages. Describing items for sale comes as naturally to you as expounding on the exploits of Blizzard’s heroes and villains.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2021 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2021 – August 2021 or June 2021 – September 2021 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Personal or professional experience in copywriting or editing, either online or for “traditional” periodicals.
- Excellent creative and technical writing ability.
- Talent for proofreading and editing publication-ready text quickly.
- Mastery of English grammar and composition.
- Capacity to contribute to editorial style guides and glossaries in order to help define and clarify Blizzard’s voice.
- History of meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with user experience (UX) and web design vocabulary and principles.
- Practiced ease receiving feedback and revising your own work.
- Strong verbal communication skills—expect to pitch your ideas!
- Passion for Blizzard games (and high-level play experience with at least one currently supported title).
- Ability to adapt to new types of digital content delivery in a shifting landscape.
- Familiarity with Blizzard websites and popular content management systems
- Traditionally published creative (prose, poetry, fiction) or technical (manual, guide) writing work
- Cover Letter
- Writing Portfolio – either in the form of links to digital content you’ve authored, or as an attachment to your application e-mail. The most valuable writing samples pertain to gaming and to Blizzard specifically. Additionally, as part of your writing samples, please include the following:
- Choose any feature from a currently supported Blizzard title, and write a short article about it as if the feature were slated to be released an upcoming patch. Your goal should be to preview the feature and give players pertinent details about the feature in a way that will be exciting, engaging, and maximally readable. You can choose to add images with your article, but you will be judged primarily on your writing ability.
- WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.