(Closed) Content Editor, Publishing (LATAM)
Content has a large role within Blizzard Entertainment’s integrated marketing strategies. Now we are looking for an experienced contributor passionate about social media, innovative brand communication, gaming communities and pop culture to join the Latin American Publishing Team.
This role will help refine and execute strategies to energize and develop our brands in Latin America, grow our social channels by developing engaging social content, leverage user generated content and develop partnerships with creators. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing, communications and storytelling.
- Contribute to the design and execution of all Latin America publishing programs and campaigns.
- Optimize social media efforts to maximize post and campaign success.
- Identify new platforms, trends and opportunities to optimize the reach of messaging and interaction with gaming communities.
- Create and maintain our social content calendar.
- Partner with the other teams within Blizzard publishing, such as public relations (PR) and marketing to support larger initiatives.
- Study performance data to help diagnose opportunities for continuous improvement of the business.
- Support team knowledge and innovation within social media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and agencies.
- Represent the voice of our players in internal conversations.
- Analyze and report on team performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing content for a major gaming, entertainment, or technology outlet.
- Ability to work quickly, under deadline pressures, with a high quality.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Latin American Spanish or English and Brazilian Portuguese is a must. Proficiency in all three languages is a huge plus.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with publishing calendars, reporting and analytics.
- Social Media Certifications (such as Youtube Certified).
- Experience with legal- and/or finance-related communications.
- Technical and/or creative writing experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite software and A/V tools.
- Familiarity with the Latin American Esports scene and Esports in general.
- Established network of agencies and local content creators.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of Pro Wrestling, Retro Games, Movies and/or Comic Books.
Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Example of a publicly available social media campaign you managed
- A list of social media tools you have experience with
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.