Concept Art Internship
CONCEPT ART INTERNSHIP
Please note that we are currently planning on having our internships in-person. With that said, the safety of our employees is a top priority and we are comfortable transitioning our internship to be 100% virtual if needed.
WHO YOU ARE
- Must be a current student pursuing their bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating June 2022 or later.
- Available for a 12-week internship starting late May or late June.
- Can demonstrate strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and strong work ethic.
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful artist in the video game industry.
- Candidates must apply with a resume and portfolio link to be considered.
Concept Art Intern, Hearthstone
Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! The focus for this internship will be on providing art to help realize the vision for Hearthstone, from initial concept to practical application. Responsibilities include creating of concepts that support / further the vision of the game, painting textures for use on in-game assets and working to provide a consistent aesthetic for the team. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of composition, color, painting, and visual design.
- Create alluring character, creature, environment, and prop concepts
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At Blizzard Entertainment we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever, driven by our core values and passion, Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2022 summer. All Blizzard interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on. Internships will be offered at our campus in Irvine, CA, office in Austin, TX, and Vicarious Visions in Albany, NY.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!