Cinematics TD, Back-end Generalist
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced generalist back end technical director (TD) to join our cinematics team. The back end TD will join our team and fill in gaps using a thorough knowledge of some combination of effects, lighting, rendering tools, look development, matte painting, compositing, and related industry standard workflows, as well as related cross pipeline tools and workflows. They will work with technical and artistic supervisors to determine workflows, tool requirements, and asset needs for the back end teams. This individual will also implement artist tools and workflow automation. They must be excellent communicators.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to CG back end disciplines
- Strong understanding of the CG production process, from asset creation to final compositing
- Excellent working knowledge of RenderMan, Vray, Redshift, and / or other renderers
- Proficient python development skills and debugging techniques
- Outstanding problem-solving skills under pressure
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing tools, and implementing process improvements in a CG production environment
- Very comfortable within a Unix / Linux command line environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technical support focused
- Experience with solving problems in Katana or proprietary lighting tool
- Debugging experience in Houdini
- Thorough working knowledge of Nuke and compositing workflows
- Shader development / (OSL/VEX) skills
- Strong programming design skills
- Shell scripting experience (c-shell, bash, etc.)
- Able to create workflows or tools in new unfamiliar areas
- Generalist TD experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiar with Blizzard games and cinematics
Required Application Materials:
- Resume (PDF preferred)
- Reel/Website (Online link preferred)
Job Status: Fulltime
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.