(Closed) Associate Sound Designer (Hearthstone)
Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! The Hearthstone team is looking for an Associate Sound Designer to bring the tavern to life by creating warm and whimsical sound design that is synonymous with Hearthstone. Our ideal candidate values working closely with a tight-knit team that thrives on collaboration and celebrates the creative process. As a member of the team, you will work directly with our sound team as well as artists, game designers, and producers to add personality and charm to Hearthstone.
Our ideal candidate should be motivated, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, and able to take direction from initial concepts through to the final shipping product.
- Implementation of character dialogue using proprietary tools in Unity.
- Work with Sound Supervisor to create sound effects for spells, creatures, and other areas of the game.
- Sound data asset management, including audio file meta data tagging.
- Editing field recordings and cataloging source material into our own audio library within Sound Miner.
- Must be credited as a sound designer on at least one shipped video game title.
- Ability to create whimsical, fantasy genre sound effects.
- Experience using Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) such as Nuendo, Reaper, Pro tools,
- Strong understanding of Hearthstone and Warcraft’s sonic style.
- A passion and drive for recording audio and designing sound effects for games.
- Dedication, self-motivation and initiative; enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for team collaboration.
- Previous experience and knowledge working with Unity.
- Previous experience with field and/or Foley recording.
- Previous experience designing sound for linear media.
- Familiarity with and passion for the Blizzard “brand”
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter explaining why you would like to work at Blizzard Entertainment and on Hearthstone.
- An online demo reel or audio portfolio showing representative examples of sound design based in the fantasy genre, as well as relevant previous work on shipped titles.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!