Associate Producer, In-Game Cinematics
The Blizzard Entertainment In-Game Cinematic team is looking for an Associate Producer to join the ranks. In this role, you will be tasked in a wide-range of duties that will include working within a specific department or on special projects using in-game assets. You will support the project producers and supervisors by facilitating communication and information sharing between artists, supervisors, departments and the rest of the team.
- Supports the project producers, supervisors, and artists with production priorities, delivery targets, and task deadlines necessary to keep the show on track.
- Has deep knowledge of all tasks in progress and communicates updates from production, directors, and the artists.
- Tracks the development of assets through the in-game cinematic pipeline and works with the producers and artists to understand the status of assets within their departments.
- Organizes and schedules meetings related to the project, including arranging OT meals, if necessary.
- Takes detailed notes during meetings and dailies and ensures timely delivery of notes to the crew on the project.
- Acts as a conduit for day-to-day information between the crew as needed or directed.
- Helps maintain confluence/wiki pages for the show.
- Assists in the scheduling of projects as requested by the project producers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Shotgun and industry standard methodologies.
- Understands production schedules, timelines, and bids.
- Able to effectively communicate with artistic and technical personnel, as well as show management and upper management.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative as the need arises.
- Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to interact and contribute as part of a team.
- Builds strong team relationships with Artists, Supervisors, Directors, and Project Producers.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to plan ahead, think creatively, identify issues/roadblocks, and develop plans to prevent or minimize their impact on production.
- Ability to work in a unique, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and small budgets.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, JIRA
- Love of the storytelling process, especially via movies and animation
- Real passion for Blizzard games; particularly World of Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, and Overwatch.
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.