(Closed) Associate Manager, Media Strategy
The Irvine-based Global Growth Marketing team is looking for a tremendously talented individual who can manage and support Growth Marketing campaigns across multiple franchises. This position will work closely with the media manager to build audience-centric, channel agnostic plans for game and content launches, esports, and consumer products, among many other initiatives.
The Associate Manager, Media Strategy will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination, and management of campaigns. He/she will be required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of franchise business and ensure all requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
He/she will also work with internal tools and teams to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign effectiveness. The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing, is a team player, critical thinker, and effective communicator. Autonomy, agility, and poise will be markers of success.
If you’re up for the challenge, please read on:
- Develop global strategic growth initiatives that define audience, channel mix, flighting, and KPIs
- Integrate consumer behavior insights, competitive intelligence and other marketplace considerations into the planning process
- Act as liaison to business stakeholders, leveraging strategic vision to inform, consult, and recommend innovative solutions to unique business challenges (acquisition, retention, reengagement, monetization)
- Partner with larger marketing organization to design test opportunities, measurement frameworks, creative spec sheets, and process improvements
- Coordinate with regional counterparts to achieve global strategic alignment
- Review tactical components of media campaigns to ensure strategic media objectives are met
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to develop insights, identify shifts in consumer behavior, and keep the team updated on the changing digital media landscape
- Oversee and coordinate global budget process with stakeholders & Activation team
- Manage career development for team members, including training, mentoring and conducting annual performance reviews
- Manage due dates (media and creative), maintain calendar of all campaigns and where they are in the lifecycle
- Facilitate creative asset development, organization, and delivery to Media Activation team
- Manage key operational tasks that enable teams to successfully launch and optimize campaigns
- Handle ad-hoc day-to-day operational tasks to plan and execute campaigns
- BA / BS degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- A minimum of 5-years media analytically-driven planning experience from a media agency
- Understanding of programmatic marketing and audience and creative segmentation
- Experience with launching and optimizing media campaigns using complex data segmentation
- Successful track record working on large-scale, digital direct response initiatives
- Able to create general excel pivot tables and manage spreadsheets
- Deep understanding of planning tools, DMPs/CDPs, ad servers
- Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Media Planning and Strategy, Media Buying, Account Management, and the agency environment
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Team player able to build and maintain strong working relationships with management, peers, and external partners
- Passion for video games, particularly Blizzard titles
- Prior entertainment client experience
- Experience with TV and OOH planning
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.