Associate Game Producer, Narrative & Content - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft Development team is seeking an Associate Producer to join our design production team. In this role, you will work closely with our content and narrative designers, helping to shape quality content and bring the best experience to our players.
We want someone that can collaborate with the best game developers in the world to turn our “wouldn’t it be cool if…” ideas into reality. We have a very talented group of people that value respect, collaboration, and a passion for WoW and strive to maintain a friendly workplace where creativity and teamwork bring to life the most critically acclaimed and iconic MMO franchise in the world.
The WoW team is built on a culture of collaboration, intense creativity, and problem-solving. As a group, we are committed to pushing our exploration of Azeroth to the fullest, and in doing so creating a gaming experience like no other. As an Associate Producer, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. We want a person that enjoys working in a group setting and whose experience in creative environments has reinforced the value of communications, empathy, and knowledge sharing.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Assist the senior producer with the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability within the team
- Own the organization and communication of day-to-day tasking and scheduling for the content and narrative design teams
- Identify and communicate all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the teams from achieving their goals
- Help drive projects to completion by collaborating with content and narrative leads
- Under the supervision of the senior producer, assist with zone production as needed
- Organize playtests and the collection and prioritization of feedback
- Contribute to a positive work environment by organizing teambuilding initiatives
- Book meetings, capture action items and follow up on tasks as needed
- Friendly and diplomatic, able to work effectively within a team
- Willing to learn and unafraid to ask questions
- Highly organized
- Strong people management skills
- Positive attitude, calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous
- Clear and concise communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- At least 1 year of project management or game production experience
- Project Management education
- Familiarity with agile and scrum practices
- Familiarity with Outlook, Jira, Excel and Confluence
- Passion for game development and MMO games
- Knowledge of World of Warcraft gameplay and lore
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!