Associate Game Producer, Art - PC/Console Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate associate game producer to work on our exciting unannounced project. As a producer, you will act as a champion for the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and work in a fast paced, highly iterative environment. As a producer on the team, you will have a strong understanding of game development best practices and production methodologies, collaborating with our teams to ensure clear goals are outlined and realized throughout the phases of development. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon your diverse experience and the collective creativity of the team to remove blockers and produce a Blizzard-worthy game.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on game teams during different aspects of the product lifecycle such as prototyping, pre-production, production, beta, and release. By blending your production experience with your engineering, artistic, and design know-how, you will empower your feature teams to create amazing experiences for our players. Our Incubation teams are fast-paced and ripe with challenges to take on.
- Champion the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish.
- Work with various art disciplines to clarify tasks, remove roadblocks, relay critical information across the team, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Partner with lead & senior producers to assist with the team’s daily tasking and prioritizing.
- Collaborate with the production team to ensure clear goals are outlined for milestones and realized during development.
- Assist on project block schedules that provide the team with clear visibility and line-of-sight on achieving future milestones.
- Facilitate team ceremonies, such as daily and weekly syncs, milestone planning, build reviews, playtests, brainstorm sessions, and feature kickoffs.
- Ensure communication is flowing between groups and ensure that everyone has buy-in on tasking and goals.
- Gather and provide effective and constructive feedback to the team, providing suggestions and solutions for improvement when applicable.
- Serve as an ambassador of Blizzard core values and team values, "Leading Responsibly" in all interactions and activities.
- Remain current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game development methodologies, and emergent technology
- Promotes a spirit of teamwork and contributes to lifting team morale.
- 2+ years of experience shipping AAA titles in production roles (or equivalent experience).
- Can champion and manage projects with multiple dependencies towards completion in a timely manner.
- Basic knowledge of software development life cycle, project management, and production processes.
- Proven ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules.
- Ability to identify production risks and be solution oriented.
- Collaborative and progressive thinker capable of inspiring groups towards a unified goal.
- Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, audio, and QA.
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous and not being afraid to ask tough questions.
- A deep passion for and knowledge of Blizzard's creative and game development process.
- A force for good; always acting in the team and game's best interest.
- A pleasure to work with.
- Ability to flex in production style.
- Exposure to all aspects of game development from and art perspective and high-level IP development.
- Experience wearing many hats in a startup-like environment.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Cover Letter which must include: (Recommended)
- What role a producer plays in game development?
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What your production superpower is and why?
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!