Associate Director, Global Publishing, Diablo
We are on the hunt for an exceptional, results-oriented Associate Director of Publishing to join Blizzard Entertainment and lead publishing strategy and execution for Diablo Immortal.
The right candidate will be highly collaborative, passionate, and have a track record for building impactful mobile marketing campaigns grounded by data, research, and insights. They will manage a small team and partner across a wide network of internal groups and regions to successfully bring Diablo Immortal to market, expand its audience, and serve as the voice of its players to development and other company stakeholders.
In addition to building global go-to-market plans for key game milestones, managing promotions and driving other critical business initiatives, this individual will be responsible for working closely with regional leaders to help evolve their market strategies and tactics as well as manage execution for our North American market.
- Manage the Diablo Immortal brand globally, protecting, evolving, and growing what and how we communicate, and build authentic and long-lasting relationships with our player base
- Lead communication strategy across Community, Public Relations, Consumer Marketing, CRM and other marketing disciplines
- Work with publishing leaders across regions to coordinate, develop, measure and improve global marketing strategies and tactics
- Work closely with Product Management and Live Ops partners to inform business decisions, bring new business opportunities to market
- Work in partnership with the Sr. Director and Consumer Marketing leads to identify regional creative needs and to help inform and inspire creative development of core marketing assets
- Analyze performance data to help identify challenges and opportunities for Publishing and marketing overall
- Manage strategic partnerships and partner marketing initiatives, which includes 1st party partner promotions/featuring, co-marketing deals and more
- Work with the consumer insights team to identify gaps in audience knowledge and design research and analysis to address them.
- Continually monitor local game analytics, as well as media and marketing program performance and make recommendations to ensure that business goals are exceeded
- Lead a team, coach and develop team members, share marketing best practices across franchises and marketing adjacent groups, and facilitate knowledge sharing abroad (How many team members?)
- Manage marketing budgets
- 8-10 years of relevant brand/product marketing/publishing experience
- Experience working with international marketing teams, evaluating, evolving and facilitating great regional execution
- Ability to work closely with game development to build effective marketing initiatives
- Ability to coordinate with Community, Public Relations and Consumer/Digital Marketing leads to build integrated marketing campaigns
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to sell-in and champion initiatives in a highly matrixed environment
- Passion for and understanding of the Diablo franchise!
- Experience working on games-as-a-service video games
- Experience marketing mobile games and working with mobile first party partners
- Experience with performance marketing
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.