Associate 3D Artist
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a well-rounded 3D Artist for Diablo III. We are looking for an ambitious artist who is technically inclined and want to learn and expand on the current Art pipeline. This will be a challenging but rewarding role as you will be essential to developing a workflow that will allow for smooth integration of outsourcing assets.
You will be partnering with Design and Engineering on coming up with innovative ideas to keep the community engaged. The Diablo III team is a small, knowledgeable, and close-knit group of developers who are always looking to create epic Blizzard experiences. We look forward to finding the next adventurer to travel to Sanctuary with us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Ability to create epic game assets including character sets, environment props, portrait frames and pet from modeling, to rigging and animation
- Possess an incredible eye for proportion and design
- Skilled at handcrafted pixel-painted textures, creating clean and efficient UVs, topology and displacement map extractions
- Talent for multi-tasking and comfortable collaborating cross discipline with Design and Engineering
- Maintain production deadlines and/or communicate any scheduling concerns with Producers
- Self-sufficient to problem solve as well as excellent communication skills
- Confidence to filter and evaluate criticism and art direction on a professional level
- Good understanding of the visual style of Diablo III
- Knowledge of Python or Mel for tool development
- Experience working with external vendors, creating visual references, managing art direction and quality of outsourced assets
- General knowledge of componentized system and swappable gear
- Familiar with version control software and game engine pipeline
- Love of Diablo lore, and is up to date with the latest Diablo III seasons and content patches
- Required – Expert in Maya 2010, Photoshop
- Optional/Pluses – Perforce, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Link to Reel, Website or Portfolio
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.