(Closed) Account Executive
Major League Gaming is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
Major League Gaming (MLG) is seeking an experienced sponsorship sales representative to join our esports media division. We are seeking a driven, motivated and eager account executive to play a significant role in sales prospecting, presenting, negotiating and managing of global esports partnerships.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Management of multiple client relationships including corporate sponsors, agencies and marketing teams
- Be an industry expert on how the esports community delivers brand advocacy and engagement to partner brands
- Strategize and collaborate with sponsors, agencies and internal stakeholders to create fully integrated marketing programs that meet client and company goals
- Prospect new clients and categories, including lead generation and acquisition and onboarding of clients
- Clearly articulate value positions and present integrated marketing programs to clients
- Lead client brainstorming sessions; identify solutions when faced with opportunities and challenges
- Maintain active knowledge of the gaming and sports media marketplaces including online, mobile and traditional segments
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while communicating effectively with executives, interdepartmental teams and external clients
- Adapt in the face of constant change and ability to perform at an elevated level
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, related discipline or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in business development, media sponsorships, advertising or related field
- Consistent track record of achievement in maximizing sales sponsorship revenue and profitability across multiple products and offerings
- Highly developed client management skills including strong sales and presentation abilities
- Strong brand marketer with capacity for creative and innovative thinking
- Leader and self-starter with the ability to manage time, prioritize work and manage a team of multiple sponsor service staff members
- Team player with strong cross-functional skills
- Strong understanding of partner categories, business and the sports/entertainment industry
- Digital media experience preferred