Social Media Manager
At Blitz, we're redefining competitive gaming with a revolutionary desktop app and websites that help gamers improve their play (check out blitz.gg). Our applications help gamers play better by providing in-game enhancements, real-time scouting of enemy teams, unique performance insights, up-to-date stats, and personal progress tracking.
Currently, our major products support the popular MOBA, League of Legends, and the celebrated FPS, Valorant, but we’re quickly expanding to support more popular esports titles for PC and mobile.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team and lead our social strategy for the Blitz app. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and executing campaigns, both paid and non-paid, in addition to growing the Blitz social channels. You will also aid in streamlining our social media content pipeline, creating a scalable turnkey solution that allows the company to service an ever-growing user base and product offering. Lastly, you will be expected to grow this vertical, working with other teams to provide great value to the Blitz brand by expanding our social presence and reporting performance metrics.
What you will do...
- Manage our content calendar & post schedule across all Blitz social channels.
- Optimize social media strategy based on performance analytics and ensure content meets brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with an international team to localize content for regional distribution.
- Develop methods to grow Blitz’s social channels at a consistent rate.
- Write copy, post graphics, videos, editorial, giveaways, and other content to Blitz social channels.
- Maintain & grow the Blitz Discord while monitoring community engagement.
- Actively reply to users on social & nurture a positive relationship between Blitz and our community.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, and Facebook channels, with TikTok experience being a plus.
- Experience in entertainment, gaming, or other relevant verticals.
- Analytics and action-driven mindset, able to turn data into action with a proven record of defining and refining content strategies based on performance insights.
- Track record of developing engaging social media content and showing success through data.
- Social media expertise with up-to-date knowledge of all platform trends and best practices for established and emerging channels.
- Excellent copywriting skills: a great communicator with careful attention to detail.
- Able to engage with multiple gaming communities and understand their culture.
- Excellent project management skills: able to juggle multiple projects at one time.
Additional skills we would love you to have:
- Passion for video games and esports.
- Good at memes.