(Closed) Front End Engineer
Blitz is a data-driven coaching tool for gamers. Combining computer vision, AI, and expert knowledge, we inform users with statistical insight about the current state of the game, personal progression and provide real-time analysis and scouting of enemy teams. Our core product (blitz.gg) supports popular competitive esports games: League of Legends, Valorant, TFT, Legends of Runeterra, CS:GO, and Fortnite.
The Blitz Front End Engineering team is seeking an experienced Front End Engineer to support product feature development. This is an active, cross-functional role that will work closely with Product, Design, and Data to build features and applications.
As a Front End Developer, you should be comfortable with front-end and coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. Ideally, you have experience with Ad Platforms and technology with a knack for visual design and utility.
- Implement platform technology, APIs, automation tooling and modern ad tech
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, Ad Yield and Data Science
- Come up with ways we can improve site reliability, RPS, monitoring and alerting
- Have a seat at the table in critical decisions about software direction
- Deliver quality products every week, every sprint and every quarter
- Understanding of Source Control
- Prioritization of performant, reusable, scalable, high-quality code
- Fundamental appreciation for unit, behavioral and automated testing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills for all audiences
- Experience working as a part of an Agile team where velocity matters
- Experience as a measured, supportive, committed code reviewer
- Experience with continuous integration workflows
- Experience with Rest and GraphQL
- Experience with NodeJS, Express, React, Redux and Selenium/WebdriverIO
- Experience with programmatic header bidding (Pubmatic, DFP/GAM, A9)
- Experience with large-scale, highly available digital products
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in game development, esports, or a passion for playing online video games
- Interest in gaming and esports, particularly in League of Legends
Perks & Benefits
Competitive Market Pay, Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Days & Holidays, 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan, Wellness Activities, Happy Hours, Company Team Building Events, Flexible Work From Home Days.