Supported by the Senior and Lead UX Designer, the UX Designer will help frame and guide the user experience for new and evolving gameplay features.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience crafting fair in-game systems for AAA titles and can translate a thorough understanding of rapid prototyping into engaging player interactions that satisfy usability, ergonomics, and overall game feel.
Your responsibilities in this role will entail supporting the creation of process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to demonstrate complex interactive behaviors for various environments and players.
We are seeking an individual that possesses the excellent communication skills necessary to articulate personal creative processes while receiving critical feedback in continuity and engagement to ensure understanding and alignment throughout the development process.
It is imperative that the person in this role is comfortable working alongside Engineers, Artists, and Design Leads, while being able to express ideas and feedback to the team.
This is a full-time temporary position available to work remotely or based out of our Irvine, CA studio.
- Assist with UX wireframe mockups and collaborate cross-functionally to create polished, visually stunning game design features
- Participate in usability tests and conduct UX research throughout the development process to help refine and improve the game to meet product goals
- Rapidly build prototypes for iterative design that satisfy player engagement and gameplay immersion
- Work with and take guidance from department Directors to drive UX-centric features from concept to completion
- Champion high-quality and accessible UX standards, always adhering to defined UX specifications and style guides
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional discussions related to milestone delivery and emerging features
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in the game industry or related area
- A portfolio demonstrating skillful UI/UX experience working in interactive media
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, or related HCI discipline
- Broad taste in video games and passion for game development
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of usability design principles
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in multiple design tools, such as Figma, Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, Proto, etc.)
- Keep abreast of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technology
- Interest in player created content
- At least one shipped AAA title as a UX designer