Full Job Description
The Audio Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing engineering side audio systems using Wwise in the Unreal Engine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create high-performance, robust, maintainable systems in a AAA game dev environment
- Work with audio designers and engineers to design, prototype and implement new audio features
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly performant code.
- Understanding the constraints of a game development cycle (know when bug fixing, and optimization become more important than new features)
- Communicate accurate and daily status updates to your team leads, producers, and QA regarding tasks/features
- Work with external development partners
- Adhere to team coding standards and practices, such as code review and blueprint reviews
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional game programming experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience with Wwise
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in C/C++/UE-C++
- Solid experience of Wwise
- Experience designing and implements audio features
- UE 4 experience strongly desired
- Work cohesively with a team of programmers, artists, and designers to design, prototype, and implement gameplay features
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly performant code Knowledge of common software design patterns and the ability to discuss their utility
- Effective communicator in a team-oriented environment
- Passionate about game development and games
- Experience shipping games on current generation consoles and PC is a plus