The Associate Engineer is responsible for identifying and solving challenges within an existing yet constantly evolving code base. We’re also highly collaborative so we need engineers who are comfortable working closely with leads and producers. The exceptional engineer we are looking for can dive deeply into the lower level technology, create robust and maintainable systems, and be versatile enough to thrive in varying areas of game programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, modify, and debug software in script and C/C++.
- Implement engineering solutions dependent on external platform APIs.
- Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test software on PC and console platforms.
- Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc).
- Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams.
- Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1+ years of professional experience in AAA game development
- Experience programming on a shipped title a plus
- Experience programming on a current generation console a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in C/C++
- Familiarity with documentation and usage of APIs
- Fluent in high-level scripting languages such as Lua, Perl, or PHP
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
- Able to work with non-programming team members
- Passion about games and game development a plus