(Closed) Blazer5 Gaming Head Coach
We are the team behind the team. As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. Our organization has an opportunity and responsibility to positively impact our staff, players, fans, and community. As such, we are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and our community.
We ask that you join us in this journey, and that you continue to advance this work within your own sphere of influence. We are all in this together - after all, we are all part of Rip City!
As a new league and franchise, we’re continuously learning. We are looking for someone who is quick to learn, and champions change. As our Blazer5 Gaming Head Coach, you’ll work at the ground-level with our players. From managing relationships, player coaching and development, to day-to-day problem solving, you’ll play a key role in the growth of our team throughout the season.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with our NBA 2K League players and ensuring their individual and collective growth and development.
- Regularly reporting on the growth and developmental direction of the team.
- Serving as the team’s head coach during weekly competitions. This will require frequent travel with the team.
- Championing team and player needs by developing meaningful internal relationships that allow you to accurately communicate on their behalf.
- Supporting in the coordination of day-to-day team logistics.
- Other tasks as needed.
You are qualified if:
- You have experience competing in NBA 2K at a professional level.
- You have experience coaching or competing in basketball at a high school level or greater.
- You possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are passionate about working in a team setting and motivated to help others succeed.
- You showcase an ability to learn and grow within a highly dynamic environment.
- You are a self-starter who is detailed.
Offers of employment will be conditioned on an individualized assessment of background check results after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.