Senior Gameplay Engineer (Multiplayer)
What We Need
We are seeking a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our team! You will be focused on creating and ensuring a seamless multiplayer experience in addition to building out new and exciting gameplay.
- Collaborating with design, art, and other engineers to realize a shared vision of the game
- Prototyping and implementing new gameplay systems
- Work closely with gameplay engineers to ensure all gameplay systems are architected for and working well in a multiplayer environment.
- Optimize RPCs and replication techniques in our game to prevent issues with rubberbanding and minimize latency.
- Contribute to technical development guidelines for working within network constraints.
- Propose and implement solutions to mitigate cheating and other unwanted behaviors.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience in game programming
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and it's networking
- Meaningful experience writing networked multiplayer in fast-paced games
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- High proficiency in C / C++
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
Our team is fully remote, however we are all based in Los Angeles.