Senior Gameplay Engineer (Multiplayer)
Bladework Games is a new game studio building a brand new living, online, cooperative multiplayer IP for the PC first and cross platform future. We're creating a new take on the ARPG genre, focusing on exciting combat, meaningful cooperative play, and the creation of a truly fun gameplay experience.
We're looking for someone who wants to be part of the core foundation of Bladework Games. A technical expert, who will not only help us to implement and design robust systems, but will also have opportunities to contribute to creative direction and design. As a Senior Gameplay Engineer you will be focused on creating and ensuring a seamless multiplayer experience in addition to building out new and exciting gameplay. You would be a great fit if you love playing games and enjoy the challenge of building a game from the early stages.
If this sounds appealing to you, we'd love to chat.
- Work with design to prototype and implement new gameplay systems and abilities
- Collaborating with design, art, and other engineers to realize a shared vision of the game
- Work closely with gameplay engineers to ensure all gameplay systems are architected for and working well in a multiplayer environment.
- Optimize RPCs and replication techniques in our game to prevent issues with rubberbanding and minimize latency.
- Contribute to technical development guidelines for working within network constraints.
- Propose and implement solutions to mitigate cheating and other unwanted behaviors.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience in game programming
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and it's networking
- Meaningful experience writing networked multiplayer in fast-paced games
- High proficiency in C / C++
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Passion for multiplayer games and player experience
- Experience with Unreal's Gameplay Ability System (GAS)
Our team is fully remote, however we are all based in Los Angeles.