Blackbird Interactive is a creative-fueled, future-driven, independent game studio where the best talent in the industry can find long-term careers to help grow their abilities while working on a wide range of projects, which encompass world-class IPs as well as our own creations across multiple genres.
In 2022, we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week as well as supporting in-studio, remote, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
Minecraft Legends is a brand new entry into the Minecraft universe, in collaboration with Mojang, and coming to all major platforms. This exciting new action strategy allows players to explore a gentle land of rich resources and lush biomes on the brink of destruction, gather allies, and lead them in strategic battles to save the Overworld from the ravenous piglins!
Do you love it when a plan comes together? Are you able to look at a problem and identify the steps that are necessary to understanding and resolving that problem? Are you an expert at cross-platform game development through the entire production cycle? Do you love rallying and motivating a team towards shared goals to build a great game?
Blackbird Interactive is seeking a Producer to support feature delivery for Minecraft Legends. You will work with a talented team, help identify their needs, and move them from the earliest days of concept and prototypes into the full production and release.
- Establish and maintain schedules for game features and assets
- Establish and assign tasks from game goals, and own the daily project management
- Manage resource requirements, establish dependencies and balance priorities
- Partner with technical and creative leadership to ensure project vision, deliverables and goals are clear
- Maintain regular communication with project team and coordinate dependencies with stakeholders
- Manage scope and quality, proactively assess and mitigate risk
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a producer/project manager capacity
- Strong technical appreciation for software involved in the development of games, media or digital entertainment
- Passion and enthusiasm for games and game development
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Effective communication skills across all levels and disciplines
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- University degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in cross-platform development environments
- At least 2 shipped AAA game projects
- Experience with Hansoft, JIRA, or other project management software tools
- Lean/Agile certifications.
Vacation & Extras
- 4-day, 32-hour work week for all full-time staff
- Mentorship program
- Skunkworks internal game jam program
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 11 paid stat holidays
- 3 paid days per year for professional development
- December holiday studio closure (extra paid time off!)
- Comprehensive health/dental benefits from day 1
- Life insurance
- $300 Healthcare Spending Account per annum
- RRSP matching up to $1500
- Profit-sharing bonus program
If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Any questions about the role and/or accessibility requests can be sent to: [email protected]
Unfortunately, we cannot reply to everyone. Only successful applicants will be contacted about the next steps. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to inclusion and especially encourage members of historically marginalized communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on gender, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Blackbird Interactive is privileged to be developing our projects on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ /Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.