HR Manager (f/m/d)
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Our last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. Sharing this mindset is a must for us. We are happy for every candidate who contributes to the diversity of our team.
HR Manager (f/m/d)
Black Forest Games is growing and you have the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the studio. We are looking for a highly motivated HR Manager to join our team. You will be working closely with the studio management and even closer with the whole development team.
Our ideal candidate is operationally strong on the one side and has the will to develop an HR strategy on the other. Loving your job and being able to have some fun is a key requirement.
- Making our company values happen
- Developing an HR strategy
- Recruiting, including attending talent fairs
- Onboarding of new team members
- Supporting our international developers with German paperwork
- Structuring, organizing and monitoring internal and external training
- Developing and implementing a system for personal development of each team member
- Making Black Forest Games a better employer by following best industry practices and your own ideas
You will directly report to the managing director
- Experience in HR management and recruiting
- Knowledge of German legal HR framework
- Passion for games and people
- You have the urge to leave your mark and make things happen
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Fluent in German (native speaker level) and English
- A rock’n’roll spirit
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Any additional language skills, especially French
- Experience in HR in the Games industry
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.