Are you passionate about building economic systems in video games? BKOM Studios is looking for a Game Economy Designer to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, designing and maintaining economic systems and supporting features in online games. Based on data, you will make recommendations on design, balancing and pricing. Help us build engaging live-game services that enrich our games!
- Design and work collaboratively with teams to build flexible economy systems and supporting features in a new game or as a new feature in an existing game;
- Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation recommendations;
- Maintain the vision of the economy & progression to ensure that the entire team moves forward together;
- Gather and analyze feedback from within the team and with real players to iterate smartly;
- Identify problems and needs and champion development of scope-aware, preventative solutions;
- Develop, manage and iterate on game systems to create a balanced, enjoyable player experience;
- Identify workflows and features that will enable action-oriented analysis of the economy’s performance (and the results of tuning changes).
- Have 3+ years experience in economy design (ideally in a live game environment);
- Have strong proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets (SQL skills a bonus);
- Have a strong understanding of game design, economics and progression;
- Possess a clear understanding of player motivations and how they relate to economy systems;
- Have strong data analysis skills and familiarity with data visualization tools;
- Can clearly communicate complex ideas and features both written and verbally;
- Are experienced with engines like Unity (Unreal knowledge is a bonus);
- Engage in a creative and collaborative approach to work;
- Can guide a team in executing on feature development;
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Programming or scripting language skills;
- An undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance or Statistics;
- A good understanding of NFTS, crypto currency, and blockchain;
- A passion for games of all formats and genre.
- Competitive salary;
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel coverage;
- RRSP program including an employer contribution;
- Free parking;
- Schedule of 37,5 hours per week;
- Work on original and various projects;
- Free healthy snacks offered every day;
- Real impact on your projects;
- Own personalized space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open environment;
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Cartoon Network, Warner Brothers ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people;
- Strong gaming culture;
- Social events and a lot of fun!
BKOM Studios is a game studio established in the beautiful Quebec City, Canada, for 26 years now. Since that time, our exceptional team has delivered over 3,500 projects and now has over 120 people of talent and passion working from our studios or remotely from all over the planet.
We offer our clients a full range of digital services for their games. Whether it be for an elaborate multiplatform game production or for a single website, our team members strive to have a true creative impact on every project they touch.
On top of supporting our clients' projects, we also sharpen our imagination and our grit on our own original games and universes, exploring the digital space further and experimenting with cutting-edge technologies.
If you put love in your work and you want your skills to shine in a human-scale studio where you have a true creative impact, look no further.
BKOM is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in BKOM. Please note, however, that only selected candidates will be contacted.