Lead VFX Artist
Bit Fry Game Studios is creating high-energy, action-packed, character-driven games using the Unreal 4 Engine. Your experience, leadership, and VFX skills will guide the creation of awesome effects which bring that action to life.
You will work to guide the VFX team by working with the Art Director, Design, and Technical Director. Your eye for visuals, knowledge of performance budgets, and planning experience will help ensure that the highest quality effects visuals are delivered while taking into account technical and artistic guidelines.
- Work with the Art Director to ensure that the VFX art style and visual standards for the team match the over-all project vision
- Work with the art/creative to create or source pre-visualization concepts to guide VFX work
- Create and maintain technical documentation around the VFX production process and guidelines
- Collaborate with Design to create visual effects which support specific gameplay and features
- Work with the Technical Director to develop upon or implement new technologies to support visual features
- Maintain a clear and consistent production schedule for VFX work
- Stay up to date with industry trends and technology to best support visual quality and features
- Work with QA to track and assign bug fixes
- 4+ years of experience in a lead position in the video game industry
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with VFX production pipelines, tools, and best practices
- Experienced with UE4’s materials system/cascade particle system
- Comfortable with HLSL/GLSL shaders
- Understanding of PBR materials and lighting
- Solid knowledge of VFX performance optimization and best practices for supporting assets for multiple platforms
- Proficiency with Photoshop, After Effects, and other content creation tools
- General UE4 experience
- Proficiency with Maya/Max (Or other modeling software)
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working around technical limitations to achieve specific goals
- Strong communication, organization, and planning skills
- General scripting experience (Python, etc)
- UE4 Blueprint scripting experience
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce
- Experience with simulation software such as Houdini and baking out simulations for real-time applications
- Position is full-time, on-site in Portsmouth, NH
- All applicants must be legally qualified to work in the United States
- As a part of the application process, we require a portfolio or demo-reel demonstrating your experience. Please include a brief breakdown of your contributions, both artistic and technical for each piece presented.
Bit Fry Game Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special which is why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.