VP Studio GM
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
- As the BioWare Studio General Manager, reporting to the SVP and Group GM, you will align with our mission to “Create worlds of adventure, conflict and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story”. You will partner with the broader EA executive leadership and central teams to ensure the direction of the studio portfolio. You will set and monitor targets for your studio and guide activities that achieve the studios’ strategic goals. As a primary member of the Studio Leadership Team you will help build studio culture, creative leadership, operations and communications.
- As the studio leader you will promote the vision, mission, and strategic programs to have an impact on future projects and Studio roadmaps.
- Ensure quality in our workplace through leading by example, mentor leaders, and embody the BioWare values.
- You will partner with the Studio Leadership Team to develop a roadmap and vision that encompasses all facets of the business for a 3-5 year time frame.
- Partner with the executive leadership team to review product resources and execution plans to ensure highest quality for players.
- Lead change management strategies for Studio programs whether through exec communication, town halls, reviews, workshops or other inclusive methods.
- Provide a creative lens to the studio vision through partnering and inspiring leadership, project managers, and important partners, advising and informing the consumer marketing creative process.
- Provide oversight around game development processes, including the Studio’s title planning and green light processes. Proven understanding of the creative process from ideation to prototype to production.
- Lead process improvement forward through direct and dotted line reports, including transparent processes for quality product bring new ways of thinking about operations.
- Participate in monthly Studio operational/business reviews by presenting metrics and risks / mitigation for projects.
- Partnering with Operations Leader the GM will lead the operational reviews with development teams, advise on best practices and partner to design solutions to challenges that arise.
- Create long term macro project plans and measurements to ensure studio success across all projects.
- Experience in a studio environment across multiple titles and portfolios.
- Measure progress and suggest top level actions to address progress shortfalls.
- Present a strong knowledge of development methodologies and an understanding of when to use or adapt each one.
Financial / Infrastructure
- Manage the studio’s operating and capital budgets, resource budget, quality, and predictability targets.
- Provide complex project solutions across multiple disciplines that consider process and technology.
- Partner with Studio Brand lead to develop player-first business and brand strategies, long-term franchise roadmaps, and go to market campaigns.
- Partner with Studio Brand lead to create compelling player experiences that create awareness, guide interest, and inspire players to play.
Who You Are:
- Required is a mix of 10+ years of operations and production leadership experience in a AAA Game and live service development environment. Couple this background with a passion for games where telling engaging stories with incredible characters in a cross-platform style game experience
- You are experienced and excel at working with a leadership team to determine the future shape and changes for the workforce including outsourcing, insourcing, internal development resources, external development resources/external partners and contingency workforce management.
- Your empowering leadership enables you to challenge and influence a variety of partners and creative and technical members of the studio
- You will present high impact business cases, analyses and recommendations to the leadership team in a way that inspires and motivates them, and empowers teams to contribute to solutions.
- Experience with new IP's and developing games on multiple platforms.
- Shape, and run important operational activities of the studio teams and set clear targets to achieve studio goals.
- You are committed to balancing predictable delivery and risk management against ensuring delivery of high quality games to delight players and establish BioWare as one of the best developers in the world.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.