At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is looking for a VFX Artist to join our team and create stunning visual effects that lead the industry.
- 2+ years of industry experience in VFX on games or related interactive work.
- Familiarity with real-time VFX using particle systems, sprites, and 3D meshes.
- Good command of animation principles and timing.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages for VFX creation (including experience creating optimized 3D models and textures), game engine workflows for VFX, and revision control systems. Photoshop and Maya. Houdini, FumeFX, or other dynamic simulation experience.
- Proficiency with open-world gameplay constraints and using visual language to support rewarding player experiences.
- Commitment to learning new technologies.
- Author visual effects for environments, abilities, combat, and cinematics.
- Research and provide creative input to inform and develop VFX solutions.
- Work with the design, environment, and writing teams to support gameplay and story while upholding established art style.
- Work with art leadership and peers to support the game vision, provide/receive feedback, and improve by participating in regular team events such as reviews and scrums, with the goal of creating high-quality VFX.
- You will report to the Lead VFX Artist.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, oversee.
Please provide as many examples of the following as you can:
- Ability effects (e.g. cast, projectile, impact)
- Cinematic effects
- Environmental effects (e.g. smoke columns, fire, lightning, and explosions)
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.