At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Design, own, and implement design systems in a highly iterative environment for an action RPG.
- Plan out fun and intentional experiences at both macro and micro levels.
- Use proprietary toolset to design and implement the logic for design systems.
- Evaluate and implement design feedback from all relevant sources.
- Create and maintain design documentation.
- Help set, prioritize, and communicate goals for the cross-functional teams.
- Provide mentorship to other designers and team members.
- Foster a highly positive team culture by building consensus and using collaborative approaches to conflict resolution.
- At least 1 major game or 4 years of experience as a system designer.
- Good understanding of action and RPG gameplay mechanics.
- A creative mind - be able to come up with interesting and original ideas.
- Familiar with visual scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint or FrostEd Schematics.
- Familiarity with RPG mechanics design across a breadth of genres.
- Understanding and passion for Character Building, especially through skill progression and itemization.
- Working knowledge of standard industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
- Willingness to be open and flexible when collaborating with others to achieve a design.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.