(Closed) Senior Software Engineer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Senior Engine Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our art, design, and programming teams to develop the technology necessary to amaze our players with industry-leading experiences using the Frostbite engine.
Who You Are:
You are creative, committed, and collaborative with a track record of crafting core engine features for AAA console and PC video games. You are talented and self-motivated, eager to spearhead technical initiatives and mentor other programmers. You want to help us build the best games in the industry.
- Collaborate with artists and designers on solutions that further our games’ vision.
- Develop and enhance the core engine, pipelines, and tools on multiple hardware platforms.
- Profile and optimize our single-player and multiplayer engine including CPU, I/O, and memory.
- Mentor other developers in every phase of project development.
- Work closely with Frostbite central teams to leverage and extend Frostbite’s systems.
- Experience developing, debugging and optimizing systems for AAA PC and console games.
- Experience developing systems where concurrency, memory, and performance is critical.
- 5+ years of professional multi-platform C++ experience and a solid understanding of software design principles.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.