(Closed) Senior Encounter Designer - Star Wars: The Old Republic
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is looking for a Senior Encounter Designer to join our team!
- You will:
- Design exciting encounters in Star Wars: The Old Republic, working with a team of programmers, artists, and designers through all stages of development.
- Create clear design documentation.
- Implement design feedback from all relevant sources.
- Provide and receive input to your own and your peers' work.
- Collaborate with the team to discuss progress, tackle setbacks, find solutions, and share experience.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features.
- Keep up-to-date on best practices to develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- Experience in developing complex multiplayer combat encounters.
- Familiarity with level design fundamentals, constraints, and narrative.
- Proficiency balancing encounters, and familiarity with Excel.
- Create and facilitate interesting and original ideas.
- Comfortable collaborating with groups within art and programming.
- Experience with current scripting language and level editors with the ability to implement and manipulate content.
- Familiarity with Star Wars: The Old Republic gameplay and level design.
- Knowledge of current MMORPG genre trends.
- Constructively critique the content of peers in a group environment, and receive the same constructive critique.
- A passion for gaming!
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.