Senior Development Director
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Development Director to provide operational leadership for our next Mass Effect title. You will report to the Project Director.
- You will be responsible for the full operational aspects of game development, including the definition of KPIs, establishing/driving the development framework, reporting, risk management, resource management, and budget management. You will lean on your team of Development Directors to facilitate day-to-day execution, change management, problem-solving, and data collection.
- You will define an organizational structure, processes, and best practices that empower the team to deliver high-quality work on time, and on a budget in a supportive, collaborative, inclusive environment.
- You will work closely with senior project leadership to define the strategy to execute against milestones and key deliverables.
- You will work with our External Development team to develop plans to utilize external partners for variable workforce options to meet capacity and financial goals.
- You will drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with the goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
- You will work closely with Studio Leadership on ongoing plans for the franchise.
- You will partner with other Franchise DDs and the Sr Director of Production to help advance the project management discipline within the studio as a whole. Mentorship and coaching are an important part of this senior position.
- Establish regular communication with the team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
- The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of game operations acquired from a minimum of 10+ years of experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar complex creative projects.
- Experience managing a large project with Agile project management principles and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and high emotional intelligence to support communication with the project team and EA Executives.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to find creative solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- This role requires highly developed relationship-building skills and the ability to establish credibility and influence within BioWare and centralized EA groups.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.